Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Fine Art of Napping

This is Tibs taking an afternoon nap.
Yesterday, I joined her on the most comfortable couch ever and the next thing I knew I was napping too.
I have never been a napper.  My mother used to rest on her bed in the afternoon for an hour or so.  My grandfather also would take a nap after his midday meal when he retired.
 Scott's mom, Pat, told me she takes a daily nap...which she loves and looks forward to...and during that time of day her family and friends DO NOT DISTURB.
And then there is Joe...who rarely sits down, but when he does...naps away.  He refers to it as "resting his eyes".
I think I was a bit of a nap snob in the past, thinking it was a waste of precious time, but those days are over.
Yesterday, I felt refreshed and relaxed when I woke up after about 20 minutes and will never turn down the inclination to nap again.
And my research indicated naps are actually good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment