Monday, December 5, 2016

Ramblings on a Monday

Last night, Brooke and Scott treated Joe and myself to AU's Madrigal Feaste and what a feast it was!  


We loved the many delicious courses and the festive way they were served.
It was all accompanied by the most beautiful choir of voices singing both familiar and unfamiliar Christmas songs.
And then there was the entertainment between songs...which consisted of a nonsensical play and conversations at our tables with the "players" who stayed in character throughout it all!


I was chosen to participate in a "Secret Mission" and my assignment was to sing "twelve drummers drumming" during an audience participation rendition of "The Twelve Days of Christmas".

Thank you, Scott and Brooke!  We had a wonderful time.

Last Week...
Brooke and I went wedding dress shopping here in Ashland and found the perfect dress!  Brooke chose it from the rack, tried it on and announced,
Yes to the dress!
We ordered it in her size right on the spot.
The details are all hush hush, but let me tell you, Brooke will be the most beautiful of brides.
I admit I teared up and thanked God for the continued gift of life which enabled me to share in this precious moment.

And then...
Brooke's beloved...and I mean that...Buffalo Wild Wings closed its doors last night and will be opening in a brand new building in Ashland in 2 weeks!
How will my addicted daughter survive?  Good luck, Scott!


I know I must sound like the most indecisive person on Earth, but after another 24 hour try after a break, I signed off Facebook...again.
My blog is my medium for sharing my creative journey and takes a concentrated effort.
I am being very mindful of where and how I spend my time these days.


I could swear I heard a tiny cheer rise up among my Hittyville Friends when I told them they would be back sharing their adventures with all of you.

Nostalgia Time...
Last week I heard The New Colony Six's "Things I'd Like to Say" and I can't stop playing it!  I read that it is a song some people want to listen to until their ears bleed...and I am one of those people.
The song was recorded in 1969 and I remember dancing and swaying to the song with all the hopes and dreams of an idealistic hippie at Kent State and when I listen to "Things I'd Like to Say", I am back there in all my youthful glory.

~Thank you for taking the time to visit today~

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely full post Vicki. Looks like you had a very special fun night out with lots of yummy dishes. Not sure I could manage all that, but it sure looked like a tasty menu.

    I am struggling with my computer and various programmes at the moment...not only do I dislike the blogger update immensely - not easy if you have more than one blog - I liked the way you could look at all of your blogs at a glance to see if there were comments etc...and which blogs had been updated most recently etc... But also my computer seems to be on a major go slow. Editing photos for the blog posts today was agonisingly slow and took me hours, which is really no good, as I don't want to have to spend that long on it.

    I am having a good think as well about where to go from here, and like where you are going...I much prefer blogs to facebook as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lorraine!
      I am really sorry about your computer problems. I haven't had any trouble, but mainly stick to one blog for the public and one for my scrapbooking needs. I understand about the time element...I am on my way to visit your blogs right now!

      Delete