Friday, December 9, 2016

I Met John and Annie Glenn

Back in 1963, I had the honor of meeting John and Annie Glenn.  I was in the seventh grade and my friend, Debbie Davis, had an uncle who worked for NASA and had arranged for Debbie...who was a science geek...to meet the famous astronaut while he visited NASA in Cleveland.  She asked me to be her guest and I was thrilled.  John Glenn had the status of a rock star at that time in history.
While I remember a quick hello from John Glenn, I was far more enamored with his wife, Annie.  She was gracious and asked us questions about ourselves and had the most beautiful smile.
Maybe it is a good thing her husband went to Heaven first.  I bet he couldn't imagine a life without his beloved Annie.
~The best of memories~

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing experience that must have been for you. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete