Sunday, December 4, 2016

A New Chapter

 Last night we had a BIG family gathering at Cassi and Pat's home.  Scott and Missy were in town and that is always a reason to celebrate.
After dinner, my beautiful niece, Hannah, asked me why I wasn't blogging as much lately.  I was surprised she even read my blog, but Hannah did proceed to tell me she does look through it, especially now.  She has been on quite a transformational journey and was writing a college paper about it and needed some pictures from the past...and knew they would be on my blog.
Some of my other family members...not those that I had questioned about their viewing...told me they definitely looked at my blog and wanted me to get back in action.
Just yesterday, I told Joe I needed some sort of sign as to where to go with my creative life...and dear sweet Hannah started the discussion which provided me with an answer.

I must admit, I did need a break from just about everything, as I was in PURGE mode.  I had way too much going on...in all aspects of my life...and I am "retired"!

So...let me tell you about some of the stuff I have been doing over the past month...

I changed the bulletin boards I have scattered around the house.  I haven't done that in years!
I also got rid of all my calendars...the Lego one, the wooden magnetic one...and any others I had posted around the house.
I will keep a little one by my desk and on the refrigerator...but that's it!
I stopped wearing a watch when I retired from teaching and now I am done with calendars.  Time is so different for me now...


 Joe redid our dining room ceiling and in the process an old bookshelf fell and most everything on it shattered...and I felt nothing!  It had become a dust magnet, in my opinion.
I was happy to get rid of it, to tell you the truth, and our little corner is perfect for sitting and reading and the chair footrest can go up now.  We also got new kitty/dog condos...after so many years!

Joe and I also decided it was time for a new table to accommodate our growing family!  I have always wanted a round table and it will be here on Thursday!
Oh happy day!
We also got a new sideboard...you can see the edge of it.  Joe and I have never really had furniture of our own...after almost 30 years...and thought it was about time!


And one thing led to another...We thought a big sectional would be perfect in our living room.  We found just the one and a new coffee table, and a side table...pictured...and a shelf.  I will put up pictures when everything is in place.
This room also got a purging of sorts.
The library has been totally changed around!
I gave most of my "stuff" on the upper shelves to Goodwill and then it was goodbye to all the VHS tapes.
You can imagine all the trips we made to Goodwill!  If family members didn't want furniture...off it went.  I am sure we are making many people happy this holiday season!

BUT...
None of this compares to what happened in Hittyville!  That is for another blog!  I never thought I was capable of letting go of so many dolls, dollhouses, and stuffed animals...and SO much more!!!  Trust me, I made many little girls very happy and that is what life is all about, right?
Hittyville is finally where I want it to be and more on that later!

So, I have let the happiness of everyday life rise above the divided world we live in. We have always had division and controversy in our country...and we, as a community of human beings, have always survived and are stronger for it.

Thank you to Hannah, who opened my eyes to the importance of a "family" journal of sorts and then so many wanting more Hitty Adventures.
Life works in mysterious ways, and I for one, am beyond grateful for that.

~Be back tomorrow~

1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds so exciting and I am so pleased! Love what you have been doing Vicki, and will be looking forward to seeing and reading more.

    ReplyDelete