Sunday, December 11, 2016

Moe

This is the last "good" picture I took of Moe...the grey/black pygmy goat...in late September.
Our beloved Moe passed away peacefully of old age and was one of the original six little boys Joe and I brought home to Windy Ridge Farm many years ago.  His buddy, Larry, who is pictured with Moe, is the sole pygmy goat left from that group...and the last pygmy goat we have.
The remaining three goats are "fainting" goats.
Moe was the friendliest of the entire herd...always wanting a head scratch and human companionship.  Joe spends the most time with our goats and as I write this, is burying Moe in our "farm pet resting spot".  
We are so sad, but know Moe had the best of goat lives on our farm.
~Rest in peace, o wee one~

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to read Moe has gone, but sounds like he had a wonderful life. Goats are such wonderful pets, I remember fondly the ones we had when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lorraine...Goats are wonderful pets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming little guy. It always hurts to lose a family member, whether it´s a human or a pet. We had to say goodbye to one of our cats in August, I can relate to this so much right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Yukari...It does hurt to lose a pet or person and I am so sorry for the loss of your cat. Pets bring so much unconditional love and joy to our lives and unfortunately, their life spans just aren't long enough. The only way I can console myself when I lose a pet is find another one to give a home to. I think that would make my "old" cherished pet happy.

      Delete