Friday, April 24, 2015

This and That

 Yesterday, Ginny and I decided to take a trip to Mansfield.  Ginny really is the best travel companion in the world. 


 We stopped at Panera and had a very tasty lunch.
I need to do this more often!


 I made a list and Ginny hoped she would be included...
She was.

Later...
 As you can see, I found lots of treasures.


 My old Barnes & Noble bag totally wore out over the years and I was so happy these roomy totes are still available.
I use it for my purse.


 I fell in love with this puzzle and bought it for Joe.
Thank goodness he liked it as well!  


 Ginny was thrilled with her new sunflower traveling case.  My doll friend mostly sits up and reads when she is in my bag and feels protected in her own small space.


 Ginny saw this chair at JoAnn's and just had to have it!


Wow!  I saw this wooden wall hanging at JoAnn's and nearly fainted!
Joe and I had just been talking the night before about my strong connection with the wonderful memories I have of my childhood and most of my 64 years in general...but sometimes the nostalgia gets in the way of living in the present.
There are days when I long to see my parents and grandparents.  There are times when I yearn for "the way things were".  Life is moving along way too quickly...and on and on.  I am sure many of you can relate to those feelings and probably put them in perspective much better than I do.
I know I am beyond blessed, but I am a collector.  And my collection of memories is sometimes overwhelming.  Joe is the best listener in the universe and after a lengthy discussion, I felt right with the world and more in the here and now...as it should be.
 The quote on this board is by one of my dad's very favorite people...Will Rogers.
Thanks, Dad, for the message.  I got it loud and clear!

~It was the best of little adventures~

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic chair for Ginny!

    Great message, I too am like you I think in not only being a collector but also a collector of memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny's chair is actually a pin cushion! I have a small collection of them for my Hittyville Friends! We really are kindred spirits...

      Delete