Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Inspired

I love Toni Morrison's quote...
"Write the book you want to read."
I am always looking for books about families and their adventures.  I have read many and often wonder if there are any books about a family like the Merrys.
And then I read Toni Morrison's quote and it hit me like a ton of bricks. 
It is high time I start writing my own book!
With the very creative Poppy by my side, it should be the best of projects.
I'm not interested in publishing a book as much as writing chapters and most likely putting them on my blog.
I know many of my visitors prefer more pictures and less words, but I want to experiment with more words, but pictures, too.  I suppose those readers can just skip The Merry Adventures.  I thought about putting the chapters on another blog, but have discovered I prefer blogging from one home base.
Ultimately, I am writing the Merry Adventures for me...but would love to share them with those who might be interested.
Time to brainstorm with Poppy!


2 comments:

  1. I´m looking forward to reading more about the Merry Family!
    As for books about families and adventures, I remember reading one about a large family who went traveling in a caravan of sorts when I was younger that came back to mind when you first introduced Poppy and her family, just for the common theme. (I don´t remember enough of it to pinpoint any differences.) I googled it right now and it was the first one of a series by Swedish author, Edith Unnerstad, translated into English as "The Saucepan Journey". Its follow up is called "The Pip-Larssons Go Sailing", also spelled "Peep-Larssons", and there´s also "Little O" and possibly more. There´s also the very delightful Bagthorpes series by Helen Cresswell. Like the Merrys, everyone in this family has a very special talent or two (except for the youngest son, which makes him special) but other than that, they are very different characters. Neither of those series is really about a family just like the Merrys, but they are both delightful reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yukari! Thank you so much! I just ordered The Saucepan Journey and the first Bagthorpe book...I was totally unaware of these authors and can't thank you enough for recommending them to me! I really appreciate you taking the time to email me. With joy~~Vicki

      Delete