Friday, April 17, 2015

Bye Bye Birdies

 This is the only kind of bird I can be around these days!
It was with a very heavy heart I had to say goodbye to my four beautiful parakeets yesterday.
I deal with allergy issues year round, and am always so thankful I have been able to tolerate all the pet dander...until now.
I developed this little cough soon after I started spending time with the birds and yesterday after spending a couple of hours working on projects right next to the parakeets, I really started coughing...to the point of having trouble catching my breath.
I knew then and there it was time...
Luckily, the wonderful pet store in town promised to find them good homes...hopefully together!
It all happened so fast.

After dinner...
Joe spent 4 hours making sure Hittyville was free of all the tiny feathers hiding in every place imaginable before I could go back into my studios.
I was sent to the far end of the house until Joe's mission was accomplished.
My husband is the most thoughtful, kind person in the world!

I have noticed a huge improvement today and have coughed very little.
I hope my dear birds are enjoying this new chapter in their lives.

~Acceptance~

2 comments:

  1. My son is very allergic to birds, which is why we could never have budgerigars again unless they lived in an outside aviary so I can fully understand how difficult this was for you. He is also allergic to guinea pigs in a big way as well - another reason they live in their own 'caviary' aka shed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for your son...and you! I am so glad you made it work with your beloved guinea pigs.

      Delete