Sunday, April 12, 2015

A River Adventure

 Today was just the kind of day to visit Jerome River.
I suggested a raft ride to my brothers, Harry and Simon, and off we went!


 The boys built their raft to be lightweight, but we still needed to take lots of breaks on our way to the old river dock.


 It really did take all three of us to handle the raft.
We were almost to the dock.


 Finally!  But Simon pointed out the dock was covered with water from our big rains last week and we needed to come back when the river was down.
Oh well...we rested and enjoyed the sunny day and each other's company.

On the way back to our homestead...
 I found a beautiful bird nest on top of an old box.
It was empty.


 I fell in love with this piece of wood and begged my brothers to help me carry it home.  We put the raft on top of the wood and pushed and shoved it all the way back to the homestead.
I really do have the best big brothers in the world!

Back home...
 Simon and Harry love our own Merry Lake where the weather is always perfect for boating.
I decided to go for a bike ride.


Later...
 While the boys were rafting, they came up with an idea for my piece of river wood.  Simon designed an art table for me and Harry helped him put it together.  They hoped I didn't mind!
Mind?  I was ECSTATIC!!!


 Harry even put his new wood burning skills to use and put designs on the table legs!


 I have the most AWESOME brothers in the world!


And...
I intend to write all about their kindness in my journal on my new fantastic art table.

~The best of days~

No comments:

Post a Comment