Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Very Best of Books

 I just finished this comprehensive biography of one of my most favorite author/illustrators of all time.  This is a must read for anyone who enjoyed Lois Lenski's books as a child and/or adult!
I was moved to tears with mentions of Hitty, Maud Hart Lovelace, Harlan Hubbard, and many more similar interests and loves of my life.
~WOW~
Creative spirits are forever bound together...


 Maud Hart Lovelace's character, Betsy, has always been my alter ego.
Joe and I traveled to the setting of this semi-autobiographical series and I have reread Betsy's adventures MANY times!
And now...a little book I have never read!
I can't wait...


Be still, my heart!  This author journeyed to the settings of the Little House on the Prairie books, my beloved Betsy-Tacy series, Anne of Green Gables' Prince Edward Island and home to the Little Women...Concord, Massachusetts!
Joe and I have done part of this adventure, but we may have our next journey all laid out for us.
Now to get started reading this treasure of a book!

It is such a blessing to have all these life long book friends continue on in different shapes and forms...

No comments:

Post a Comment