Thursday, August 25, 2016

Ten Years Later

 Ten years ago, Ashland University built an amazing Rec Center.  I was able to use the indoor track several times when Brooke was a graduate student at AU.
I fell in love with the Center and tried in vain to get a Community Membership which was not available or even on their radar.  I contacted AU on a yearly basis to see if they had changed their minds about opening the Center to the public...which they hadn't...until NOW!!!
I paid my membership fee and passed the background check and got my very own membership card.
And this morning...I walked the track in complete happiness.  I watched the AU marching band practice through the third floor windows where the track is located and observed a training session for Rec Center employees below on a basketball court.
It was fun to be part of the hustle and bustle of university life once again.


Brooke and Noah both got their undergraduate and graduate degrees from Ashland University, so I feel a sense of belonging to this academic community.

~I love walking~

No comments:

Post a Comment