Friday, August 5, 2016

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my father's birthday and he would have turned 90 if he were still with us on his earthly journey.
I vividly remember the day this picture was taken.  I was going into the sixth grade and felt it was time to get my hair cut.  I actually had my hair in a long braid and was saying goodbye to my dad as Mom and I were getting ready to head to Larry's Beauty Salon.  Mom had been taking pictures of my long hair...which I totally regretted getting cut!
There are not enough words to try and describe how much I miss my dad.  His personality was larger than life and if you were in a good mood, the day got even brighter and if things were on the downswing, Dad somehow managed to put life in perspective and after his pep talk, life was back on track.
My children had the best grandfather imaginable and I am so grateful he was part of their lives into their adulthood.  In fact, today Noah called with tears, hoping I was okay on this special day and Brooke is taking me to lunch...I have the most caring children and their thoughts were with my feelings, even more than theirs.  Their Opa would be so proud of them...
Happy Birthday, Dad...from your oldest child who loves you even more as time moves on.
"Life is meant to be enjoyed, not endured."
John Percival Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment