Wednesday, August 3, 2016

On This Beautiful Morning

 I woke up today and settled myself at the end of the couch with a cup of tea and a few doggies on my lap and turned on CNN...as I often do to find out what is happening in our world.
I was so dismayed by the political news, I promptly turned the television off, put on my shoes, grabbed my camera, and headed out to find out what was happening in MY world.
I breathed in the fresh morning air and felt alive and happy.


 Our goldfish were enjoying a morning swim.


Danny, Moe, and David were out and about...


 Hitty Betsy was spending some time with my newest passion, Haba's Little Friends.  The Fall Collection includes parents, more children, grandparents, pets, horses, and much more!
I am creating their village in readiness for it all!


 Hitty Rose had surrounded herself with her favorite color, red.


Lewis was definitely in YELLOW heaven!

And then on our porch...
Gypsy, Daisy, and Tibs were just BEING.
Pixie was eating her breakfast.
And me?
I was reminded of The Serenity Prayer and the need to stay focused on the beauty of the moment and how to best embrace it.

~A much greater sense of peace~

2 comments:

  1. It seems the world has gone mad these days, no matter which country´s news you look at. Perhaps it was always like this and we just notice it more because today´s media make news from all over the world a lot more and faster accessible. That doesn´t make it less scary and heartbreaking, though. Having a place like Hittyville to take our mind off all that, even if it´s just for a while, is such a blessing. Thank you, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yukari...You just made my day! I think you are right about the round the clock news stories. I find Hittyville the world I want to live in and I am glad you like it too! Thank you so much, dear Yukari.

      Delete