Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Rejoining the Human Race

Boy, is it ever good to be back...I mean REALLY back!
I have been struggling a bit as of late.
I think it started when Brooke moved out and I realized...Okay, now what?
I poured myself into rearranging my creative life and withdrawing from the outside world, so to speak.
The past 7 years have brought many changes...hard changes...which turned my world upside down.
But the only person who could make my world right side up again was me.
I finally realized I am doing EXACTLY what I want to be doing on this part of my journey...
I am HOME surrounded by my pets, art supplies, books, and most of all, Hittyville.
And of course, there is Joe, who has been so patient and understanding.
Sharing Hittyville stories...whether on my blog, Facebook, or Instagram made me happy, but was it enough?  Was I making a difference in the world as I did when I was raising children and teaching?
I decided it is ultimately about where I am NOW, not then...And now is about telling stories.
 When I returned to the social networking world after my self-imposed exile, I was so humbled by the positive responses I received.  My Hittyville Friends had been missed.
That was enough...more than enough.

Sometimes the answers to our most difficult questions are right in front of us.
We just have to look at life through a different lens.
It is simply amazing how clear things look after the tears have dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment