Sunday, March 19, 2017

An Artful Afternoon With Abe

 On Saturday, Joe and I headed up to Noah, Amy, and Abe's to help hang pictures on their new beautiful white walls.  Joe has a real talent for hanging pictures "just right".
We picked up a carry out order from our favorite hamburger place in Rocky River.

Meanwhile...
Ellie and Abe were eagerly awaiting our arrival.
The two of them together truly makes my heart smile!


 After lunch, Abe was excited about being Joe and Daddy's helper.


 This abstract painting looks much better on a wall of its own.
Noah and Amy know the artist and her pieces can be found in museums.
I must admit, I have warmed up to this painting over time.


Nice...


 Abe insisted the Picasso piece be hung in his room.
It was and Abe was beside himself with joy.
He loves all the animals...


 Noah and Amy are being very discerning about where each art piece lives in their home.
I love their sense of style.


 One of Noah's many diplomas.
This one is from Princeton Seminary!
I am so proud of my son...


 Abe and I created a "Train Town".  I wish I would have taken a picture of the finished product, but I was way too busy playing.
Abe is the best of playmates these days.

And then...
 Joe and I headed to Grand Pacific Junction and took a tour of Joe's latest projects.
For a grand finale, we visited Dawn's doll store which is truly Heaven to a doll lover like me.
I did find a couple of little treasures for Hittyville!

And finally...
We ended our day's adventure much like we started...with food!
Frankie's in North Olmsted is another favorite restaurant and has been for YEARS.
Joe and I LOVE the famous Frankie's Salad accompanied by a loaf of bread and divine dipping sauce.

~It was the best of days~

4 comments:

  1. I can. Taste that through the computer screen! Still one of my all time favorite salads of all time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it tastes just as good as it ever did!

      Delete
  2. I love the painting, too! So fun seeing all of these posts and being a part of your world in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete