Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving Day

I would like to begin this blog by announcing I am in GREAT need of a new camera.  Although I took MANY pictures, FEW turned out!
I am currently in search of "just the right camera" and do apologize for the lack of pictures.  I hope I am still able to capture the essence of this very special Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanksgiving celebrations have been a tradition in our country for many years.
I have fond memories of learning all about the Pilgrims and Indians when I was a child...the stories were "cleaned up" a bit for the younger audiences, I am sure.
And then...for 38 years my students spent the better part of November immersed in Pilgrims, Indians, every kind of turkey craft you can imagine, and our most interesting feasts.


My memories of our Jensen-Elliott Thanksgivings are joyful ones.
Ah...through the eyes of a child.

And now...
The Elliott Children are parents and grandparents and Thanksgiving continues  to be a cherished holiday.
~Abe~

My amazing sister, Cassi, has assumed the role my mother and grandmother held for many Thanksgivings...that of the hostess and chef of our family gatherings.  I must admit, I think the Thanksgiving dinners are better than ever!
Our entire family is so grateful for Cassi...because of her, it goes on.


 This was Scott and Brooke's first Thanksgiving together.
We are so happy they found one another.


Thanksgiving continues to be about family and although we were not able to all be together physically...we definitely were together in spirit!

~Honoring the here and now~

No comments:

Post a Comment