Monday, November 23, 2015

Abe's Special Sunday

 I have been waiting for the longest time to see the Monet Agapanthus Triptych!
The reunited three paintings were part of this exhibit and my heart was racing as we came closer to our 2:30 viewing...


 This memorable occasion just had to be a family event!


 A bit of a snack before the showing.

And then...
 Although there was much to see in the exhibit, I spent most of the time sitting before this "sacred" work of art.
I was overwhelmed by emotion and found myself in tears most of the hour.
The panel on the left belongs to the Cleveland Museum of Art and we visit that piece at least once a year.  To see it displayed as it was intended by the artist was a glorious experience.

A bit later...
 Being brought up with German grandparents meant lots of AMAZING German meals.  We were excited to partake in some German cuisine!


 My Opa lives on...


 I love how Abe entertains himself.


 A toast of sorts...


 I loved my Sauerbraten!


 Amy and Abe have never seen such a HUGE Reuben!


 Scott and Brooke shared pierogis and onion rings...their favorite!


 I love our family gatherings...


A perfect ending to a perfect day!

~Treasured Times~

No comments:

Post a Comment