Monday, November 2, 2015

Barnsie

Last summer, I gave Abe my Big Bear because I thought he would get much enjoyment from such a BIG bear...and he has.
But I must admit, I have missed his presence.

And then...
I fell in love with Barnes and Noble's big bear...not as big as Big Bear, but there was just something about him.
My observant daughter snatched him up and told me he would be one of my Halloween presents!
I am the luckiest of bear lovers and Brooke is the best daughter...ever!

Introducing Barnsie...
 Barnsie loves the view of our farm and can't wait to go exploring in Deer Forest.


 My new Bear Buddy spent a good half hour "just being" on a tree limb.


 Danny greeted Barnsie by shaking paws.
They have become fast friends already!


 John Percival is the official greeter of Windy Ridge Farm and found Barnsie to be the most intelligent and articulate of Bears.


 Barnsie decided to take a nap in the Pine Grove.
I am finding Barnsie is quite the napper.  He explained it is because he does not hibernate during the Winter and needs to spread the required bear sleeps throughout the year.

After his nap...
 Barnsie took a ride on my swing.


 I was so touched when Barnsie announced his favorite sitting spot was on my Childhood Sitting Stone.


 My Bear Buddy attended HBU...also known as Honey Bear University and graduated with a degree in Advanced Beekeeping.
His school colors were yellow and brown and Barnsie wondered if I might add a School Colors Window Art in his honor to the wall behind him.


On this beautiful November day, we ended up on the front porch and Barnsie very politely asked me if he might have a honey sandwich or two or five.
After all, he did quite a bit of sitting this afternoon.

Barnsie is sure going to keep me busy...Between you and me, I am glad my new Friend takes lots of naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment