Sunday, November 1, 2015

Abe's Halloween

 Joe, Brooke, and I headed to West Park to spend Halloween with Abe...Noah and Amy too!
We had some gifts for our Halloween boy and as you can see, he really liked Kevin the Minion.


 I brought Abe a felt board with the Five Little Pumpkin characters and the gate, moon, and stars I made for him and totally forgot to take pictures.  We were too busy playing.
But I did get a picture of Abe concentrating on his Halloween stickers.

A bit later...
 We shared a quick dinner and Abe commandeered Joe's chips and salsa.

And then...
 Amy had been explaining Halloween costumes to Abe and even took him to the store to pick out the costume of his choice.
He chose Elmo and as you can see...there is no Elmo costume in sight.
Abe was NOT the least bit interested in being anyone other than Abe.  Throughout my teaching years, I had preschoolers who chose not to dress up for our Halloween parties...and that was just fine.
But...Abe did wear his fox hat!


 Abe was very interested in watching all the neighborhood friends dressed up in costumes and was a bit puzzled watching Brooke put candy in their bags.

After a while...
Abe decided he wanted to go Trick or Treating and was totally captivated by all the decorations.


He held on to Mommy for just a bit and then eagerly ran from house to house in search of "more candy".


 Ever the observant child, Abe took in the whole experience and ended up loving it!


 We all agreed Abe's favorite part of Halloween was giving out candy to the "people".  My little grandson would greet the Trick or Treaters with a huge smile, say "hi", and give everyone at least 2 pieces of candy.

~It was a Halloween to be cherished~

2 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures! Thanks for sharing and making me feel like I was with Abe on his adventure! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Missy! I get so involved in playing with Abe, I forget to take my usual amount of pictures...

      Delete