Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Project Close To My Heart

 I loved my childhood home...At lunch the other day, I mentioned how I wished we paint our farmhouse in the colors of the Osborn Homestead, but it would be costly and really, our house looks beautiful just as it is.

And then...
 My sister, Kate, suggested painting Pixie Cottage like our old family home.  I had already planned on redoing the inside this summer.
BRILLIANT idea, dear Kate!

Today...
The nicest sales lady at Home Depot told me I should choose the colors  I remembered because I wanted Mission Brown paint and MANY companies make a Mission Brown...all with a variation.  She saw my frustration at wanting to get it just right and told me to trust myself.  What great advice!
And then...
She gave me the sticker for the brown paint and renamed it Mission Brown...just for me.

I started to cry because of this lady's kindness and because she really understood my "mission".

~Everyday Angels~

No comments:

Post a Comment