Friday, April 7, 2017

Dennis Fender Comes to Hittyville

 Hittyville has its very own Fish Hatchery and Llama Farm.
Dennis Fender and his wife, Janet, have moved to Hittyville, all the way from Amish Country and love their new home already!


Dennis is going to work with Rupert Merry in helping the Hittyville Friends keep their ponds healthy and well stocked with fish.

~New Friends are the best~

Dennis Fender was a wonderful man and sold us our llama, Prince Caspian, 28 years ago.
Dennis was quite a character and loved roaming around his endless land in his "Gator" to visit his beloved llamas.  He had a unique way of calling his llamas and they always responded to him.
Dennis was born in a small log cabin on his property, which he proudly showed us when our family visited him...I remember a wonderful New Year's Day when Dennis and his sweetheart of a wife, Janet, invited us to dinner.
Dennis also gave me a very young lamb who needed to be bottle fed as her mother had rejected her.  Esther enjoyed a happy life on our farm.
We fell out of touch with Dennis over the past years and I was missing him and decided to "Google" our old friend last night.  Maybe Joe and I could travel to Baltic, Ohio for a visit in the next couple of weeks.
Sadly, I found his obituary.  Dennis passed away last summer at the age of 86.
I cried.  I cried because I didn't make more of an effort to visit him.  I cried because more people are leaving my life than entering it.
But this morning, I smiled.  Dennis isn't really gone.  He is alive and well in Hittyville, just like Helen Brown.
My life is richer for having known Dennis Fender.
He was one of a kind...

No comments:

Post a Comment