Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Wild Ride

Ever since I left teaching, my own personal life has felt a bit like a roller coaster ride...all over the place...up and down and all around!
Last night, I told Brooke, Scott, and Joe if someone offered me a preschool teaching position, I would gladly take it.  I was surprised to hear myself say that and wondered if I really meant it.  And even so, who is going to offer a 66+ "retired" teacher a position like that?  And really, for the most part, I created my own teaching jobs the past 30 or so years of my career.
I woke up this morning, still thinking about it and in my heart of hearts believe that particular "ship has sailed".
 I love my freedom and even though I feel a sense of restlessness now and then, it generally disappears after I dive into one of my many projects.
 My creative self is totally happy at home.  I think it comes down to missing the daily interaction with the children and all that their little spirits brought to my life.  Being their "first" teacher was such an honor and joy.

We shall see where the next part of this crazy roller coaster ride takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment