Monday, December 21, 2015

Carly's Play

 
Over the weekend, Joe and I journeyed up to Lakewood to watch our niece perform in a play.  We picked up my sister, Kate, on the way.



 Beck Center is an important part of the art scene in the Cleveland area.


 An art gallery...of course.


 Love...


I want to make one of these!

And then... 
 The play is the thing...


 Family support...


 Carly...on the right...was cast as Lady Patience.
I think she is secretly coveting Princess Wallflower's shoes because they sparkle.
NOTE...The following comments are my own interpretation of the play through Carly's priceless expressions.

 Lady Patience looks like she has run out of patience!


 Lady Patience is privately hoping her father hands over that drink.
He never did!
Really?


 I'm guessing Lady Patience is upset no one asked her to go shopping!


 Are they serious? A curfew?


 Woe is Lady Patience.


 I was totally amazed at all the lines Carly delivered flawlessly and with such feeling!


 Every community should have some sort of Art Center.
These kids were fun to watch.


 Way to go, Carly!


 The receiving line after the "final bow".

A bit later...
 Our theater party headed to The Mellow Mushroom for a celebratory dinner.



 Hannah was the proud big sister and Carly was our star of the day!


 Corey and Johnny are both so supportive of all their children...and grandchildren!


 Kate is always our family cheerleader!


 Joe is simply the best...game for any adventure that comes our way.

After dinner...
 Joe, Kate, and I stopped at a toy store and I found a whole new line of Haba dolls...and brought home every one!
This awesome rocking horse was not for sale and Joe was greatly relieved!

And finally...
Kate bought me this charming wooden doll at The Beck Center's gift shop because she looks like me.
Thank you so much, Kate...I will treasure Becky forever!

~It was the best of family times~

No comments:

Post a Comment