Monday, December 28, 2015

Abe and Elliott Visit the Zoo

 On this rainy, yet somewhat mild day, the Gates and Carlson families along with Joe, Brooke, Scott, and myself headed to the Cleveland Zoo bright and early to visit The Rain Forest and the Elephants and Primates.
Kate was under the weather and would meet us later for lunch.


Abe was totally fascinated with the beautiful waterfall in the entrance of The Rain Forest.


So very very high...


Elliott found a new friend.


What are those monkeys doing?


I love observing children observing their surroundings.
They see so much more than we do.


Beautiful in its own space...



The otters were the most fascinating little creatures to watch.


My favorites...the capybara!


A moment with Daddy...


Abe spent a good several minutes watching the snake disappear into the rock.
Totally absorbed in the moment...


Turtle watching with Mommy...


Let's visit the elephants!


 Abe loves elephants...
I wish they could be free.


This is one of my favorite pictures.
It speaks volumes...


Brooke loves Abe and cherishes the time they spend together.


Off to visit the Primates!


Abe's face tells the story of this adventure.


It was so wonderful spending time with Travis, Elliott, and Kristen.
~Love~


Three generations viewing an ancestor of sorts.


Memories were made today.

And then...
Pat, Cassi, Keith, and Kate met us at Buffalo Wild Wings for a late lunch.


 Kate and her little family...
I know how much this Christmas visit meant to my sister.


Keith won a dog in the toy machine and gave it to Abe.
I tell you, that boy has a big heart.
Thank you, Keith!


This was without a doubt my most favorite Christmas.
Our entire family is so very blessed and the greatest lesson I have learned over the years is...
It does go on...and joyfully so.

No comments:

Post a Comment