Friday, August 28, 2015

The Great American Girl Adventure

 Finally!  August 27th had arrived and Joe, Brooke, and I were traveling to the American Girl Store in Columbus to meet Maryellen and bring her home along with her collection.  We thought a "moving van" was in order.

Maryellen Larkin is a doll of the 50's...1954-55 to be exact!
She embodies my childhood and her story is similar to mine...We are polio survivors, left handed, part of a big family, and so much more!
~Maryellen is the most special of dolls~


 Joe and I always stop at McDonald's before a morning trip that lasts more than one hour.

At Easton Town Center...
 This poster was in the walkway on the way to THE store!


 My favorite store on the planet...


 We needed to enter the back door for the special Early Introduction to Maryellen Event.  I felt like it was Christmas morning at this point!


 Guess who was first in line?


 The gathering was a bit smaller than I expected and I am sure that was due to school being in session in most areas.  They are expecting big crowds this weekend.


 Refreshments were served...and they were delicious.


 This sweetheart was definitely in the 50's spirit!


 Happy!!!


 The diner is backordered and I ordered it!


 The sofa turns into a bed!


 I was so excited to find Kit's desk and accessories in stock.  I just had to have them for Maryellen!


 Love...Love...Love


 Brooke and Joe are the best sports...and helpers...ever!


 I am so glad Brooke could share in my amazing day...


 This day was extremely meaningful to me...Mom passed away 7 years ago on August 27th and I believe it was just perfect I could celebrate her life with the most precious of childhood memories...which she was such a big part of!

And then...
 Brooke and I created a couple of Build-a-Bear buddies!


 Joe and I spent some time in the Lego Store...We actually came out empty handed, but I keep thinking about the Friend's Grand Hotel.


 Time for lunch...We were hungry!

After choosing a back to school outfit for Brooke...
 Smoke had been reported coming into the Lane Bryant store from the ceiling.


 We didn't see any smoke, but the fire fighters were on the job!


 The response was impressive...


Many fire vehicles were in attendance...
Thank goodness there was a happy ending!

Back on the Farm...
 Since I have been a child, I alway have a bit of a ceremony to welcome a new doll into my imaginary world.
Today was no exception and it felt a bit more sacred for many reasons.


 Maryellen's personality came to life immediately!


We are looking for Maryellen's dog...Scooter!

See you soon and Maryellen's Adventures will definitely be continued...

~It was the BEST OF DAYS~

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing and most wonderful day! I am so pleased for you - a very special doll for you indeed and some great accessories as well! Have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Lorraine! I know you understand the joy...

      Delete
  2. FANTASTIC! I can see the pure joy on your face! So glad you could get all of the cool items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't bought a doll for ages, but I did buy a Dave the Minion figure. Then Dave had to have a flock of Schleich sheep because it is the Chinese year of the sheep/ram.

    His personality came out because he arrived on Chinese new Year. Now his sheep have had babies, one of them had twins.

    Actually, I gave away my Hearts for Hearts doll and all her clothes including a hand knit ski outfit I made. She just didn't fit in with my Maplelea doll Saila and her sister Poppy, a Les Cheries doll. Funny how some dolls never take, it's like you never find their personality.

    ReplyDelete