Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Abe's First Trip to Put-in-Bay

One of the reasons I am happy to be blogging again is it will make me be more attentive to my picture taking.  When we visited the beautiful little island of Put-in-Bay which is located close to the shores of Lake Erie earlier this month, I really wasn't concentrating on capturing our family adventure on my camera.  After I looked at the pictures I did take, I realized there were so many amazing moments I wish I would have frozen in time.  Amy and Noah sent me a few pictures, which I appreciate!

Because we were traveling to an island, we needed to take the Miller Ferry to get there.  A few minutes after this picture was taken, we were on our way and the lake was quite choppy.
Abe was NOT a happy camper and poor Brooke had to sit down and looked rather "green".


After we reached Put-in-Bay, we rented a large golf cart and proceeded to The Boardwalk and enjoyed a delicious lunch featuring lobster bisque.
Thank goodness, everyone quickly recovered from their seasickness once we reached dry land!
Noah and Abe on their way to the Perry's Peace Memorial remembering the Battle of Lake Erie in the War of 1812.


Father and son...


Don't we look like tourists?


We traveled to this beautiful spot on our trusty golf cart and decided to explore beyond the trees.


 We found a secluded little beach area and Abe wasn't too sure what to make of it.


Abe became more curious and comfortable with his parents close by.


Getting his feet wet...


The Lake Conquerors!


Our little Beach Boy!


 Brooke and Scott enjoyed the view...


 Abe just stood and watched the waves...Such a joyful expression!


Brooke was able to convince Abe to put his shoes back on.


 Grandpa Joe thought this would be the perfect time to teach his grandson how to skip stones.


Looking for just the right stone...


And throw...


Nice job, Abe!

A bit later...
 We all headed to the Butterfly House.


 This was Brooke's favorite spot of the day.


How sweet it is!

We continued our day with a ride around the island and a stop for ice cream and other "refreshments" along the way.
Our ferry ride back to the mainland was much smoother and Noah, Amy, and Abe decided to head back to West Park.  Abe was ready for a nap.
Joe, Brooke, Scott, and I journeyed to a LongHorn Steakhouse for dinner...Such a perfect way to end a perfect day!

~It was the best of times~

No comments:

Post a Comment