Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Getting Focused

 I never imagined my Creative Life would be so FULL!
When I was a Preschool Director/Teacher, my day was very organized.
I had deadlines, hours of operation, and then planning and preparing time...as well as conferences, reporting to the church administration, and on and on.
I also managed to be a wife and mom and whenever I had time...artist and blogger.  I also taught Sunday School, was a Wildlife Rehabilitator, took art classes, served on various community boards, and was a daughter to ailing parents...not all at once...but in addition to the aforementioned.

And now...
I have pretty much dedicated myself to my family first and then my creative world on our farm...a life I could only dream about for many years.
But...
I seriously need to add structure to my day.  I have tried to do that in a half-hearted way in the past, but am finding I am very easily distracted by any new idea that pops into my mind...which happens frequently!
I have always been a multi-tasker, but too many balls have been added to my juggling circle.


 My journal/scrapbook has literally replaced my blog.
I need to find a way to do BOTH!
Joe suggested a time schedule...


My prayer journal is also very important to me...again...I need to schedule a time for that.  In addition, I am far behind on my Faithful Friends project.  Yikes!

I know these are grand problems to have and I thank God for this time in my life.  I want to honor this life season and some structure will help me do this.
In the past, I volunteered in different areas, but now believe my place is keeping the home hearth warm and and being available to my entire family...for example, returning a text or call to someone who just experienced a joyful moment or a difficult couple of hours and then there are Brooke's teaching projects that need to be cut out and classroom activities which require an extra hand.  And as Abe gets older, I want to be available in any capacity where I might be needed.

Now...I am going to make a master daily plan for my weekdays...with room for flexibility!

~Wish me luck~

7 comments:

  1. This is something I need to do...with the problems and difficulties we have had over the last couple of months, things have gotten dropped, put aside and forgotten...I need to reorganise my time and start again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you have been going through a rough time...I had no idea! I hope things are on the upswing!

      Delete
    2. A very rough time indeed...but things are improving, some heartbreak is lessening and healing.

      Delete
  2. I have my house up for sale after months of reno grind, so lately I've been able to have some creative fun again. I decided that a weekly planner would help me a lot and after some tweaking of a free one, I got something that I am finding useful.

    Except I stopped for 3 days to make myself a pair of fingerless gloves--it's getting cold and I need to keep my hands warm while I'm drawing. You have to allow for tangents! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving? Oh Judy, that's a major event! I'm so glad you are back to creating again!

      Delete
  3. Well, we haven't sold the house yet, so who knows. I am back to creating crafty things, but never stopped creating because 2 online friends and I have been doing a weekly sketch project. I got behind a bit but got caught up. I think we are at Week 38 now, so that's 38 pieces of art for the year!

    https://mannerandmaterial.wordpress.com/

    I am planning to do the oft talked about Imaginary Trip to Chile next year on the sketching blog. 52 weeks of travel in Chile, whee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I didn't know about this blog (or forgot, which is quite possible Judy!) Off to bookmark it and have a look now.

      Good luck with selling the house!

      Delete