Monday, February 27, 2017

An Everyday Kind of Adventure

 Sunday morning was dedicated to our eight guinea pigs and cleaning their cages and sanitizing their water bottles.  It is amazing what a wee bit of bleach does to get rid of any traces of algae.  We rinsed and rinsed the bottles, so the fresh water was safe.
Notice my healthy snacks in the background...donuts and Kool-Aid!

And then...
 We headed to Smithville to have lunch at The Barn.


 The view from our window!

After lunch...
 Joe and I decided to visit the Wayne County Airport.
Joe loves anything that has to do with flying and I am always up for a new adventure.
Look at that blue sky!


 86 of Ohio's 88 counties have at least one airport!


 Not much going on here today.
I had so many questions about Ohio's airports and we decided to head to our very own Ashland County Airport to see if we could get some answers.

On the way...
 We stopped by our River Park and took some time to enjoy the beautiful scenery.


 In my mind, I was creating a story about little critters who live alongside the river.

Mooving on...
 I love cows and often roll down my window and say hello to them.


 Joe said this sweet friend stopped and started toward the car when he heard my voice.

Next...
 We stopped by The Parsley Pot to look for some things for Hitty Daisy's soon to be built homestead.
The owners were so welcoming and we chatted with them for quite a while.

Finally...
 I just love this little airport!  Noah took a couple of flying lessons here and also went on a few charter flights.
My son decided he would rather be a passenger than a pilot...


 We could hear laughing inside, so in we went...


 We were warmly greeted by four pilots and their wives and had the best time talking about flying.
One of the pilots owns two planes and flies all over the world.  He has been flying longer than he has been driving.


 Every pilot has their own cup...


 We were given this directory in hopes of answering my many questions.
There are over 150 airports in Ohio!


 Our very own Ashland County Airport pages with a warning about deer on the runway!
Thank you, dear Pilots!

On the way home...
 Joe wanted to stop by his old stomping grounds where he spent many happy hours as a member of the Ashland Cloud Chasers.
I really encouraged him to start flying again.
I hope he does!!!

Back home...
Hitty Daisy and Goldie are wondering where they will put their Pleasant Hill Lake treasures from last week once their homestead is built.


 I am glad our Hittyville Friends liked the rugs and wall hangings Joe and I found for their new home.


Joe decided to clear off his worktable so he can get started on The Pleasant Hill Lake Homestead.
Joe is my hero!

Meanwhile...
 Lewis overheard me talking about building a new and improved airport for Hittyville.
He can't wait.


Lewis believes there is nothing quite like flying over Windy Ridge Farm and Hittyville in his YELLOW airplane...and that is just what he did!

~Joe and I definitely had the best of days~

No comments:

Post a Comment