Thursday, October 27, 2016

Longing for Civility

I just deactivated my Facebook account.  I do this now and then, but this time it is for a completely different reason.
I have become increasingly uncomfortable with the negativity and hatred directed toward our political candidates and those who either support or do not support them.
I have experienced many elections and have never witnessed such a lack of civility.  Everyone has a right to their opinion, but what happened to agreeing to disagree?
I have read comments about this election from "friends" that have totally made my heart sick.
So...it is time to step away from all the crazy noise and move forward in the democratic spirit of a more civil America.

2 comments:

  1. I can completely understand what you are saying. I nearly did the same here during and immediately after the vote for staying in or exiting the EU. The hatred I saw from so called 'friends' was astounding and very sad. What is becoming of the world I wonder? I blame media to some extent and the fact that people blindly accept what they are told they should believe instead of doing their own research informatively and intelligently and without hatred and prejudice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I agree with you about the media and you are also right about being intelligently informed! Thank you for your comments, Lorraine...

      Delete